When I was pregnant with B, I spent hours and hours researching strollers. I wanted something safe and easy. I ended up with a pretty common stroller and I really disliked it. It didn’t have anything I needed! The thing is, I didn’t know I NEEDED these features until I had my son and was a hot mess at all times. I think its safe to say this is when I went to the dark side and my stroller obsession kicked in. So, here is my list of must haves that will hopefully help a Momma to be out there save some time and money!
1. A seat that can face out or parent face. You get so used to seeing your little one in their car seat snapped into the stroller. When the time comes that they can ride in the stroller seat, you will be surprised how sad it makes you that they aren’t facing you! This is a deal breaker on strollers for me until they are old enough to realize they care more about looking out into the world than your face. ha!
2. Full recline. Once your child is in the main seat of the stroller, a full recline is a MUST. Trust me. You will thank me one day.
3. Large canopy! My daughter gets quite angry when the sun is in her eyes. Large sun canopy = happy baby.
4. Easy access storage basket. This is major! Think of how many times you will bend down to get something out of your diaper bag each time you are out. The most annoying thing in the world is trying to yank your diaper bag out of the too small basket you shoved it in. It’s not fun. My favorite storage basket EVER is the one on the Uppababy Cruz. It’s pretty phenomenal and makes life so much easier!
5. Easy fold. Try to find a stroller that does not require you to remove the seat to fold the stroller. This is such an unnecessary step. Especially when it’s raining/snowing or a million degrees out. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
6. One hand push. This is crucial! Test that bad boy out in the store before you buy and make sure you can push it comfortably with one hand. Mommas always need to be able to have 1 free hand in case of emergency…or a latte.
I always encourage anyone to go test strollers out at BuyBuyBaby and see what really fits your lifestyle. There are so many great options out there and something for everyone. Remember to always go for a quality stroller – it’s holding some pretty precious cargo 🙂