The Bugaboo Donkey. Where do I even start with this one. I begged my husband for a Donkey. I could not sleep because all I could think about was getting a Donkey. I wanted it sooooo bad I even wrote up a contract saying “I will never ask for another stroller again if we get a Donkey”. I’ve had 18 strollers since the Donkey… my poor Husband.
I got the Donkey as our first double stroller. It showed up to our condo in all its beautiful Donkey glory and did not disappoint. Don’t believe all the hype? Well you should. Pushing the Donkey is like pushing around a pot of gold. Everyone stops and asks “what stroller is THAT???” And I would just say nonchalantly, “Oh, this old thing? it’s a Donkey!” Ok, maybe I didn’t say this old thing but I totally acted like it didn’t cost as much as a mortgage payment.
Let me get back on track here and tell you why the Bugaboo Donkey is totally amazeballs.
1. It goes from an amazing single stroller to an equally amazing double stroller. Many times, you give up features you want in a single stroller when it converts to a double. Not with the Donkey. Anyway you set it up, it’s still riDONKulous. Hehe.
2. Those air-filled tires make this baby push like is gliding on butter. Only have one available hand and are going over crazy Chicago potholes? Have no fear. The Donkey is here.
3. Set up. The seat configurations are so perfect. Each child is comfortable in their own seat. You don’t have to worry about them kicking each other, hitting each other, or fight over who gets to sit in front or on the bottom. They just hop right in and blissfully hold hands while your on an afternoon stroll. Ok, maybe they won’t hold hands but let’s just pretend for now.
4. It’s the Bugaboo Donkey and you need it.
5. Ability to customize. I LOVE decorating my strollers. You can pretty much have anything made these days for your stroller and totally make it your own.
6. Side luggage basket. If you are using the Donkey in Mono Mode, you can use the side luggage basket which is probably the most genius stroller add-on ever. Not only do you have a spacious under basket, but you have the side basket as well. Heading to the farmers market? This is perfect to hold all your goodies. Love. It.
Ok, now for some specs:
Suitable from birth to 37.5 lbs
Stroller weighs 29.2 lbs in Mono Mode and 33.4 lbs in Duo Mode
12″ rear air-filled wheels and 10″ front swivel wheels
Price: Mono Mode: $1329.95 and Duo Mode $1408.95
Bottom line, this stroller is worth every single penny. I promise. If you need help convincing your husband that you NEED this stroller, I can help you out 😉